CHARLENE OLOA | Choreography, Marketing & Media Operations
Charlene is the eldest child of Evelyn and Isitolo Oloa and has been dancing since the age of 3. She has competed throughout the United States and has won first place in Tahitian dance and drumming in Florida, California and Kaua’i. In 2009, she took over the Kalena’s dance and entertainment company located in Orlando, FL as the lead director and instructor before she relocated back to Hawaii in February 2015.
In July 2015, she founded Kolila Beast Clothing, because she felt the Polynesian Community– specifically the dance community– deserved more representation in the field of Urban Fashion and Fitness. She continues to use her education to build the family business and plans to continue traveling between Hawaii and Florida to assist in Operations. You can check out her products on ShopKalenas.com.
• Master’s Degree in Operations Management
• Bachelor’s Degree in Digital Media Production
• Associates Degree in Web Design
• Cast Member of “Polynesian Fire” located in Ohio
• Began dance instruction in 2006
• Operated KPO ORLANDO from 2009 through 2015.
• Began Kolila Beast Clothing Company in 2015
• 2014 – 1st Place Group Tahitian (Ori Metua), Ho’ike Hawaii of Orlando
• 2012 – 1st Place Group Tahitian (Ori Metua), Ho’ike Hawaii of Orlando
• 2011 – 1st Place Group Tahitian (Ori Metua), Ho’ike Hawaii of Orlando
• 2009 – 1st Place Tahitian Solo, Ho’ike Hawaii of Orlando
• 2007 – 1st Place Tahitian Solo, Kaua’i Polynesian Festival
• 2006 – 1st Place Hawaiian Oli, Ho’ike Hawaii of Orlando
• 2006 – 1st Place Tahitian Solo, Ho’ike Hawaii of Orlando
• 2005 – 1st Place Group Tahitian Drum (drummer), 1st Annual Hura Tahiti Fete – CA