SALAMASINA | Costume Design, Choreography and Founder of Toa Couture
Salamasina is the second child of the Oloa Ohana and has been dancing since the age of 3. She has been a cast member for 8 years of the seasonal “Hawaii in Pittsburgh” and has won several first place awards in Tahitian, Hula, poi, drumming and costume design.
She is an alumni of the Polynesian Cultural Center and is known for taking on the role of “Mama” in their theatrical show “Ha: The Breath of Life.” With her background and experience in the fashion and retail field, she leads in costume design for Kalena’s Polynesian Ohana and continues to grow her own retail and fashion business, Toa Couture.
• Lead Costume Designer for Kalena’s Polynesian ‘Ohana
• Founder of Toa Couture
• Previous Performer and Casting Assistant for PCC’s “Pageant of the Canoes”
• Previous Performer and and lead “Mama” in PCC’s “Ha: Breath of Life”
• Lead choreographer and costume designer for “Polynesian Fire” located in Ohio
• 2005 – 1st Place Group Tahitian Drum (drummer), 1st Annual Hura Tahiti Fete – CA
• 2004 – 1st Place Poi, Ho’ike Hawaii of Orlando
• 2003 – 1st Place Hula ‘Auana Solo, Ho’ike Hawaii of Orlando