SALAMASINA | Head Costume Designer, Retail Director
Salamasina is the second child of the Oloa Ohana and has been dancing since the age of 3. She has been a cast member for 8 years of the seasonal “Hawaii in Pittsburgh” and has won several first place awards in Tahitian, Hula, poi, drumming and costume design.
She is an alumni of the Polynesian Cultural Center and is known for taking on the role of “Mama” in their theatrical show “Ha: The Breath of Life.” With her background and experience in the fashion and retail field, she is now the director of Kalena’s Retail and can be found at the famous Turtle Bay Resort every Wednesday and Sunday evenings for their evening show performed by Kalena’s Polynesian ‘Ohana.
• Lead Costume Designer for Kalena’s Polynesian ‘Ohana
• Founder of Lesulu O Samoa Clothing
• Previous Performer and Casting Assistant for PCC’s “Pageant of the Canoes”
• Previous Performer and and lead “Mama” in PCC’s “Ha: Breath of Life”
• Lead choreographer and costume designer for “Polynesian Fire” located in Ohio
• 2005 – 1st Place Group Tahitian Drum (drummer), 1st Annual Hura Tahiti Fete – CA
• 2004 – 1st Place Poi, Ho’ike Hawaii of Orlando
• 2003 – 1st Place Hula ‘Auana Solo, Ho’ike Hawaii of Orlando